2022 has been an amazing year for Shikhar Dhawan Foundation & For Dr. Kanika Dewan, India’s most generous sports celebrity backed philanthropist
A dentist by profession and a philanthropist by passion, Dr. Kanika Dewan is the Director- Impact & Strategy at the SHIKHAR DHAWAN FOUNDATION.
December 20: Dr. Dewan’s strides to change the youth’s outlook towards welfare have built a compassionate youth community. She has also received India’s A list award in social work, including other accolades. Her work has been recognised and published by various digital and print media over the span of her career as a youth welfare influencer. She was also nominated for FICCI for her projects with the Government of India. She was also a regular on-board health panellist for the ‘We the People’ talk show hosted by Barkha Dutt on NDTV.
Kanika began by recounting her experience working in the social welfare field, explaining, “I’m basically a doctor by profession, and I qualified from Manipal University, which is Asia’s top five universities. And somewhere in the process of being and remaining a doctor, to giving back to society, we started this wonderful journey. To sum it up, basically an incredible journey of becoming a welfare rights activist and it’s not something that started because of a cause or reason. It just turned into a way of life. As I mentioned, that‘s not a task to do. It’s just something that I believe in. It’s the warmth and the passion that I have. And I think it’s very important for everybody to understand what it means and what it feels like to be able to give back to society.
Dr. Kanika Dewan, about the SHIKHAR DHAWAN FOUNDATION- “One of our main objectives is to bring a change that doesn’t fade away and sustains. We at SDF bring NGOs together on a single platform that serves as a channel to share and exchange their learnings and knowledge. The Foundation is working hard to fulfil basic educational requirements & provide health supplies for underprivileged children, and I believe that such noble acts and initiatives can bring about a change in people’s lives and society”
Dr. Kanika Dewan, DIRECTOR -Impact and Strategy at the Shikhar Dhawan Foundation, also says- “I believe that this initiative will bring a change in the society and will improve the standard of living of the marginalised sections of the society. One of our main objectives is to make a change that doesn’t fade out and sustains. In a short span of 6 months, we have already marked tremendous achievements & look forward to working with multiple NGOs simultaneously across India. We’re working alongside multiple Corporates & Government sector companies from all over India for various social causes.
Shikhar Dhawan Foundation believes that all and every individual can affect social change and talk about social issues is the start of the process. Discussing and spreading awareness about social issues help create a better understanding of the problems regarding the root cause and nature of these issues. The SDF is established with the aim of bringing change and helping prevent social issues and would be devoted to the common good.
Her aim and ambition is to serve people, reduce inequalities and empower marginalised groups through the effective facilitation of community-based services. Dr. Kanika Dewan works on campaigns to spread awareness regarding issues related to providing quality education, hunger eradication, job creation, poverty, eradication of illiteracy, and other issues. Strategic measures are adopted for the upliftment of the communities and their welfare. In the last 6+ months, more than 15+ such campaigns have been successfully executed by the foundation with campaigns like-
- Youngistaan: A Shikhar Dhawan Foundation Initiative That’s Paving Way For The Country’s Future Leaders!
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation joins hands with Cuddles Foundation to Help Children Fight Cancer
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation and Doctors For You Come Together to Provide Support for Free Patient Transport Vehicle at Safdarjung Hospital.
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation in association with Guru Nanak Dev Charitable Blood Centre organize Blood Donation Drive in order to spread awareness & bring about changes in the society
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation becomes Outreach Partner with Helpage India for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation has joined hands with Nexus HealthTech Private Limited to bring a their revolutionary healthcare innovation Maatri
- Shikhar Dhawan Invites Applications to adopt 11 NGOs for next 1 year
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation in collaboration with LensBus organized a community-based free Eye Checkup Camp for the vulnerable and marginalized communities.
- boAt Lifestyle & Shikhar Dhawan Foundation shake hands on Independence Day for Women Empowerment in Sports Launches- ‘Freedom to Play’ initiative
- Feeding India by Zomato & The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation Join Hands to distribute Ration worth Rs. 17 Lakhs
- HMD Global- Nokia & Shikhar Dhawan Foundation join hands to promote e-learning among under-privileged students
- Shikhar Dhawan Foundation launches LensBus Junior Initiative to Target Free Eye Screening for kids across Delhi NCR
And Many More..
Shikhar Dhawan Foundation, Co-Offiz, 8th Floor, Magnum Tower, Golf Course Extension, Sector-58, Gurgaon-122011
Contact: +91 8810245800 Email: email@example.com
If you have any objection to this press release content, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us. We will respond and rectify the situation in the next 24 hours.